So last night was the American Super Bowl. My twitter feed was full of complaints about Christina Aguilera’s Star Spangled Banner slip-up, football stats (which to be frank I didn’t understand at all) and my favourite part – the release of new movie trailers.
Any readers of this blog will know I am a huge film fan and there was a total of TWELVE new trailers released during the game. Here is a list of my five favourites.
1. I Am Number Four – I am so excited for this film. I’ve been following it since the release of the initial teaser trailers and posters and think it looks great. It is based on a book about an alien who is being chased and, of course, develops into a love story. I’m so glad Alex Pettyfer is getting the recognition he deserves in Hollywood and he’s sure to be on you screens frequently as he is set to star in no less than three films this year.
2. Super 8 – The long awaited trailer for the J.J Abrams and Steven Spielberg collaboration is full of intrigue, excitement and strange happenings. With the tagline “Next Summer, It Arrives”, I’m certain this film will be a definite hit.
3. Captain America: The First Avenger – There’s a huge hype in America about this film and after starring in The Fantastic Four, I think Chris Evans can definitely pull off playing Captain America. If the trailer is anything to go by, I think this could make Evan’s profile huge.
4. Transformers 3: Dark Of The Moon – This is a definite upgrade from the previously released trailer. Although it still doesn’t give much information as to what the plot will be and how Megan Fox’s character is being written out, it’s made me even more excited for the release of the film.
5. Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – Before seeing this trailer I didn’t know whether this franchise could live on without Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley, however, I’m now more convinced that it will be a hit, especially seeing some of the other old cast members are still in the film. The plot looks hilarious, but I do feel apprehensive as to whether I will like this film as much as it’s predecessors.